Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Yet another enthusiastic recruiter

In December 2008, I received a call for a SharePoint Developer position.
And the conversation follows...

She: Hi. We have a requirement for SharePoint Developer. Can we talk ?
Me: Oh, ya sure. Go ahead.

She: We are looking for a candidate who has 3 years of experience in SharePoint. How much experience do you have in SharePoint ?
Me: 3 Years.

She: How much experience do you have in SharePoint 2007 ?
Me: 1 Year. (Mind you...I received this call in December 2008)

(It was fine till here...Now starts the best part)

She: Oh. Am sorry you don't fit for this position as we are looking for someone who has 3 years of experience in SharePoint 2007.
Me: ??!??

I couldnt resist asking her if they are looking for someone who has more brains than Bill Gates.
I tried explaining her that SharePoint 2007 has been released in second half of 2007 but she was not ready to listen at all.
She said, "Sorry, we want someone who has 3 years of experience in SharePoint 2007" and she hung up the phone.

Why would I be looking for a job if I have the ability to develop an application 2 years before Microsoft did.

1 comment: